Health Coach - Remote
United Kingdom, , londonHealthcare Professionals
We believe good health starts with nutrition and lifestyle, not medication. Our mission is to help 50 million people lead healthier and happier lives by 2025 by providing the best digitally-enabled behaviour change treatments.
Oviva was founded in 2014 and is Europe’s largest provider of digitally-enabled behaviour change treatments to people with health conditions related to diet such as type 2 diabetes, prediabetes and complex obesity. We offer our patients the most accessible, personalised and high quality care possible, and we embrace technology to overcome the demand challenges facing the NHS and health systems worldwide.
We do this by:
- Creating unique digitally-enabled treatment programmes for patients, delivered by dietitians supported by a multi-disciplinary team of psychologists, psychological wellbeing practitioners, specialist nurses, registered nutritionists, health coaches and activity experts.
- Offering patients access to expert advice in a time and place of their choosing, via our NHS Digital approved Oviva smartphone app, online Learn portal (with tailored video, audio and text content) or over the phone.
Our services are delivered in partnership with the NHS, supporting access, quality and efficiency improvements. We work with over half of the NHS regions in England (called Sustainability and Transformation Partnerships), are the largest digital provider in the NHS England Diabetes Prevention Programme, and were selected for the NHS England Innovation Accelerator. Beyond the UK we also operate in Switzerland, Germany, and France, and are backed by Europe’s leading venture funds.
We can only deliver all of this with the help of our incredible team. Having a culture that people want to work in is very important to us and we're proud to say 96% of our team would recommend working for Oviva. We do this by keeping our values are at the forefront of everything we do, from patient care to internal culture:
- We put the patient first
- We measure & improve
- We tackle it together
We are looking for Health Coaches to deliver care to patients across our diabetes, pre-diabetes and weight management programmes, commissioned by NHS England. You will deliver care to your assigned caseload remotely, providing support through our app and over the phone. Key to this are motivational interviewing and behavioural change skills, working through any potential barriers to attendance and keeping patients committed to achieve their outcomes throughout the programme. You will have the opportunity to attend monthly clinical supervision sessions and training sessions in order to upskill and develop whilst in role. You will be supported by a team of specialist clinicians throughout and provided with relevant training to help you succeed in the role.
- Delivering remote care to our patients
- Handling of sensitive data, approaching with great attention to detail
- Use motivational interviewing to influence patients
- Support patients remotely to make positive, practical changes to their diet and lifestyle
- Accurately inputting data into our CRM system to ensure coherent patient pathway
- Achieve contract KPIs and SLAs
- Collaborative – can do attitude, work effectively in teams,
- Empathetic – peer to peer support, resilient,
- Innovative – self starter, solution – action orientated, creative
- Knowledgeable – proactively upskilling, adaptable,
- Commitment to Oviva Mission & Strategy
- Clinical skills – patient relationships, clinical notes, adherence to IG procedure
The Ideal Candidate
- 2:1 degree in accredited Nutrition course (RfN, AfN membership)
- Completed or working towards Cambridge Diabetes Education Programme
- Passion for providing remote, digital treatment & support
- Language skills highly desirable
- Energetic and proactive, with an ability to problem solve independently and as part of a team
- Confident using technology, specifically digital record keeping
- Highly organised with a keen attention to detail
- The opportunity to make a meaningful impact in revolutionising healthcare in the UK
- Exciting and rewarding role in high-growth environment
- Training & CPD opportunities and regular 121s with your line manager
- Clinical Supervision
- 40 hours p/week including evenings and weekends
- Excellent communication skills
- Opportunity to support content creation and programme development
- Performance related reward scheme