We believe good health starts with nutrition and lifestyle, not medication. Our mission is to help 50 million people lead healthier and happier lives by 2025 by providing the best digitally-enabled behaviour change treatments.
Oviva was founded in 2014 and is Europe’s largest provider of digitally-enabled behaviour change treatments to people with health conditions related to diet such as type 2 diabetes, prediabetes and complex obesity. We offer our patients the most accessible, personalised and high quality care possible, and we embrace technology to overcome the demand challenges facing the NHS and health systems worldwide.
We do this by:
Our services are delivered in partnership with the NHS, supporting access, quality and efficiency improvements. We work with over half of the NHS regions in England (called Sustainability and Transformation Partnerships), are the largest digital provider in the NHS England Diabetes Prevention Programme, and were selected for the NHS England Innovation Accelerator. Beyond the UK we also operate in Switzerland, Germany, and France, and are backed by Europe’s leading venture funds.
We can only deliver all of this with the help of our incredible team. Having a culture that people want to work in is very important to us and we're proud to say 96% of our team would recommend working for Oviva. We do this by keeping our values are at the forefront of everything we do, from patient care to internal culture:
We were recently awarded Escape the City’s Top 100 Companies to Escape To award, reflective of our culture and mission.
We are looking for a Patient Pathway Coordinator to support the delivery of our Diabetes Prevention
Programme and Diabetes Structured Education commissioned by NHS England. Our programmes supports
those at risk of developing Type 2 Diabetes and those living with Type 2 Diabetes in reducing their risk and in
leading happier, healthier lives. You will be responsible for coordinating the patient journey, supporting them
throughout their programme. This includes being responsible for patient referrals, appointment booking and
undertaking an initial call with the patient, explaining the programme benefits, structure and problem solving
any issues they have. In addition, you will act as a support to the patient and monitor their attendance and
clinical outcomes throughout their programmes.
Key to encouraging patient participation are motivational interviewing skills, working through any potential
barriers to attendance and getting them excited for their programme. You will have the opportunity to
undertake training in motivational interviewing and behavioural change in order to support you in this role.
• Handling of sensitive data, approaching with great attention to detail
• Making initial patient calls to introduce programme, explain benefits and patient pathway
• Using motivational interviewing to explore difficulties in accepting programme place
• Making follow up calls for evaluation purposes
• Diary management of patient appointments
• Following correct Information Governance procedures to ensure security of patient data
• Accurately inputting data into our CRM system to allow coherent patient pathway
• Working alongside the operations team to achieve contract KPIs
The Ideal Candidate
• An active interest in health & nutrition (i.e. working towards a related degree such as nutrition, dietetics, sports science)
• Language skills highly desirable • Call centre experience
• Energetic and proactive, with an ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Excellent communication skills • Highly organised with a keen attention to detail
• Confident using technology with proven experience with Microsoft Office systems • Passion for providing digital treatment & support
• Band 3 NHS Agenda For Change equivalent salary
• The opportunity to make a meaningful impact in revolutionising healthcare in the UK
• Exciting and rewarding role in high-growth start-up environment
• Training opportunities and regular salary reviews
• Flexible working
• 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) with the option of an additional 5 days unpaid leave
• Company pension
• Regular team socials as well as free breakfast & snacks daily